Stonepark Band Acceptance notifications were sent out today by email. Please fill out and submit the Google Form by Friday, June 5, 2020.
Please note, the annual Charlottetown Area Band Camp will NOT be held this year. Junior High Band teachers are working together to explore other options to be held in September at our individual schools – more information will be available in September.
Please take a look at home for the following items and bring them to Stonepark when you come to collect your locker belongings:
- Band Instrument
- Standard of Excellence Book 3 (Green Book)
- Band uniform sweater
People across the world annually celebrate MUSIC on the first Monday in May; known as MUSIC MONDAY. This year, Music Monday falls on May 4th – a date widely recognized by those who love Star Wars.
So,” May the 4th be with you” as you celebrate Star Wars AND Music Monday today!
The Imperial March – The Los Angeles Philharmonic and conducted by composer John Williams
Star Wars – Cantina Band – The Danish National Symphony Orchestra
Due to COVID-19, further information regarding the Grade 7 Band program at Stonepark (including information about band camp) will be provided at a later date. Please continue to check the homepage of this blog as well as the “Application Process – Grade 6” tab.
If your Grade 6 student has not yet applied for band, and would like to, please email Mrs. Sorensen at email@example.com for an application form.
As students and families make decisions about Grade 10 Registration this week, the band teachers at Charlottetown Rural (Mr. Parsons) and at Colonel Gray (Mr. Dorion) would like to pass on some information regarding the band programs at their schools.
A few things to keep in mind:
- the band program is semestered, so a three year commitment is not required.
- there are a variety of ensembles students can participate in; R&B Band, Jazz Band, Musicals as well as music festivals and band trips
- band students are often involved in athletics, French Immersion and IB programs
I encourage you to read through the information links listed below, for more information regarding the high school band programs. If you have any questions, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Charlottetown Rural Band Program Information
Colonel Gray Band Program Information
Hello Band Parents:
If you have a photo of the Grade 8 Concert Band (from the Christmas Concert, or PEI Band Days) and the Jazz Band (from the Christmas Concert), please email them to email@example.com. Thank you.
All early morning band rehearsals for the week of March 9-13, 2020 are cancelled.
Early morning band rehearsals will resume the week students return from March Break.
Congratulations to the Grade 8 and Grade 9 Concert Bands on their wonderful performances at PEI Band Days today! Both groups received many positive comments about their musicality and overall ensemble playing. The band also received feedback that will help the students take their music-making to the next level.
Because of the performances held today, the Grade 9 early morning band rehearsal on Thursday, March 5th, 2020 is cancelled.
There are a number of permission slips that have not been handed in for Grade 8 and 9 students to attend PEI Band Days.
Grade 8 students – please bring your signed permission slips with you to the Delta
Grade 9 students – please bring your signed permission slips to school – the forms will be collected before you leave on the bus to perform at the Delta.
Grade 8 and 9 Band students are asked return signed permission slips to Mrs. Sorensen on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
Grade 8 students:
- End of day Tuesday – go to the band room to pick up your instruments, music binders and reeds/oil/slide grease
- Wednesday morning – dress in your full band uniform (black pants, black shoes, black socks, band sweater, white dress shirt underneath (males) and be dropped off at the PEI Convention Centre (Delta Hotel) between 7:40 am and 7:50 am
- Bring your instrument, music, pencil, water bottle, school clothes and backpack with you to the PEI Convention Centre. You may also want to bring a water bottle and a small snack
- The Grade 8 Band performance begins at 9:00 am, followed by a half hour adjudication
- You will leave the Delta at approximately 11:50 and return to Stonepark in time for lunch and to attend afternoon classes
Grade 9 students:
- Wednesday morning – wear your full band uniform to school, or change into it during morning break (you will not have time to change at the PEI Convention Centre)
- Grade 9 students will attend 1st – 4th period classes
- As soon as 4th period ends, go to the band room to get your instruments, music, reeds/oil/grease. Mrs. Sorensen will meet you there.
- Travel on the bus to the PEI Convention Centre (leaving the school at approximately 12:30 pm)
- The Grade 9 performance begins at 3:00 pm, followed by a half hour adjudication
- Grade 9 students are to be picked up at 4:30 pm at the PEI Convention Centre