- Day 5 – Thursday, March 4 – Flutes
- Day 1 – Tuesday, March 9 – Clarinets
- Day 5 – Monday, March 22 – French Horns and Trumpets
- Day 1 – Thursday, March 24 – Low Brass (Trombones, Baritones, Tubas)
- Day 5 – Tuesday, March 30 – Flutes
I am very excited to announce that our band program received funding through ArtsSmarts PEI (in collaboration with the Department of Education and Life Long Learning) to work on a creative project with composer Dr. Richard Covey.
Dr. Covey will be leading students from 8AD through the creative process of composing. The ideas generated from individual students’ compositions and group discussions will be used to compose a work of music for the Grade 8 Concert Band to premiere this spring!
All sectional rehearsals begin at 12:05 pm in the band room.
Friday, February 12 (Day 5) – French Horns and Trumpets
Tuesday, February 16 (Day 1) – Low Brass
Tuesday, February 23 (Day 5) – Flutes
Thursday, February 25 (Day 1) – Clarinets
***If there is a storm day, follow the schedule by Day in the Cycle (Day 1 and 5 schedule).
The Grade 9 Concert band will rehearse each week on Wednesday mornings at 7:30 am beginning on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
On behalf of the students and staff at Stonepark, I would like to welcome Mr. Perry to the band room. Mr. Perry is a fifth year Bachelor of Music Education student at UPEI and a very accomplished trombonist. He is completing his final practicum at Stonepark and will be working with all band classes for the next six weeks.
January Sectional Rehearsals @ 12:05 in the band room. Please bring your instrument and all of your music/warm up sheets.
- Thursday, January 7 (Day 5) – Low Brass (Tuba, Baritone, Trombone)
- Monday, January 11 (Day 1) – No Sectionals
- Friday, January 15 (Day 5) – Flute
- Tuesday, January 19 (Day 1) – Clarinet
- Monday, January 25 (Day 5) – Trumpet and French Horn
- Wednesday, January 27 (Day 1) – Low Brass
***If there are storm days in January, the sectionals will take place on the following day. For example, if January 27 is a storm day, the sectional will take place on January 28 (the following school day).
Hello band families,
Even though the Stonepark concert bands have not been allowed to rehearse together this fall, the students and I wanted to record the work they have accomplished during their class time this past month. The links to your child’s recordings have been posted in their Google Classroom and are accessible for you to view.
I hope you and your families will experience peace in your homes and hearts during this holiday season and I wish you all good health and happiness as we welcome in the New Year.
Take care and stay well,
All early morning band rehearsals for the weeks of December 7, 2020 – December 18, 2020 are cancelled. This cancellation is in response to the new guidelines set forth by the CPHO.
A reminder Grade 9 students have early morning band rehearsals scheduled this week:
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – All brass, saxes and percussion
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 – All flutes and clarinets
Students are to arrive at the school at 7:30am and go directly to the band room. At the end of rehearsal, students will have time to go to their lockers and to homeroom class.
In preparation for the Stonepark Concert Band Christmas Concert recording project, Grade 9 band students will be participating in Early Morning Band rehearsals.
Rehearsals will be held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning on Tuesday, November 24, 7:40 am – 8:25 am. Students will be rehearsing by section; they will attend one rehearsal per week (please see the schedule below)
- Students will enter the school through the back doors by the gymnasium/band room.
- Students should be in the school building by 7:30am to allow adequate time to set up and warm up their instruments.
- Rehearsal will begin at 7:40 am.
- All COVID-19 safety guidelines set forth by the CPHO and PSB will be adhered to.
This schedule may be subject to change:
Tuesday, November 24, 2020: All Brass (Trumpets, French Horns, Trombones, Baritones, Tubas), Low Woodwinds (Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Baritone Sax, Bass Clarinet) and Percussion
Wednesday, November 25, 2020: All Clarinets and Flutes
Tuesday, December 1, 2020: All Brass, Low Woodwinds and Percussion
Wednesday, December 2, 2020: All Clarinets and Flutes
Tuesday, December 8, 2020: All Brass, Low Woodwinds and Percussion
Wednesday, December 9, 2020: All Clarinets and Flutes