Stonepark Intermediate offers an instrumental program. Students interested in band must be tested in grade six in order to gain entrance into the program, as there are usually more applications than there are available spaces. Rehearsals occur once or twice a week for each of the four ensembles (7 Instrumental Music, 8 Instrumental Music, 9 Instrumental Music and Jazz Band.
- to provide an opportunity for students to play a musical instrument
- to develop and enhance musicianship through performance
- to allow the student to experience the rewards of working together in pursuit of a common goal
- to provide opportunities for creative music making
- to develop the music playing/reading ability of each student
For further information concerning the music program, please contact the school at 368-6085. Our Instrumental Music instructor is Sara Sorensen.